Traditional system safety approaches are being challenged by the introduction of new technology and the increasing complexity of the systems we design, manufacture and operate. STAMP and its associated tools deal with the complexity of systems and provide systematic ways to analyse and assess existing and conceptual systems proactively or detect and illustrate deficiencies revealed through investigations. ESWC brings together researchers and practitioners who apply, or want to get familiar with, STAMP that is widely used in different sectors such as space, aviation, healthcare, maritime, defence, nuclear, railways, infrastructure and automotive.
The conference covers the following topics for presentations:
- Experiences using STPA, STPA-Sec, and CAST
- Introducing STAMP, STPA, and CAST into large organizations
- Safety-guided and Security-guided design using STPA and STPA-Sec
- Using STPA to make decisions
- Accident/loss analyses
- Certification and regulatory issues
- Evaluations and comparisons with traditional techniques
- Risk management and identifying leading indicators
- Applications to security and other areas such as workplace safety
- Safety Management System development and evaluation
- Tools, processes, and other support for analysis and design using STPA and CAST
- Management and adoption experiences or challenges
- Applications to other emergent properties (beyond safety and security)
Abstract are to be submitted to by June 15th, 2022. Please indicate whether you would like to present your paper orally or provide a poster.
Full text submission deadline is August 31st, 2022. Template will be provided not later than July 15th.